The new Kvarn Trail goes through dynamic and beautiful Nacka municipality east of Stockholm. A clear feature of Nacka (with the mill wheel in its arms) is that there are plenty of coastline and you will see a lot of water views during your journey.
Here is a rich variety of attractions; beautiful working environments from the 18th century, nature areas with lots of paths and picturesque archipelago. The mill stretches from Sickla, out towards Nacka. You mostly cycle along the water, passing several cozy cafes, restaurants and scenic places to stop for a while.
Pictures in the gallery below: Elin Fransson, Lulia Hailemichael
Sights you must not miss:
- Nyckelvikens Manor
- The Baggens stick, where a Russian invasion attempt was stopped in 1719
- Erstavik's natural area
- Olle Nyman's studios and artists' homes
- The sun side (from the TV series of the same name)
- the large natural strait Skurusundet
- HAMN, Sweden's first battlefield museum
- Saltisbadet, an enriched cold bath house for the enjoyment of life
Stockholm Public Transport (SL)
Bicycles must not be taken on Stockholm County buses.