The cycle path around the Vättern Trail is 42 km long and goes through nice cities and magnificent scenery. The trail is well marked with blue signs and you can start cycling wherever you want. The sights around Vättern are very nice. An experience beyond the ordinary.
You ride on small, low-traffic roads of good quality. About 75 percent of the roads are paved. The cycle path passes through all the agglomerations along your journey around Lake Vättern. Sometimes the trail goes a bit from Vättern, and in other places the bike trail goes so close that you can dip your toes in the water. The world's largest exercise bike race The Vätternrundan has some of the same stretch as the Vättern Trail. The Vättern Round takes place in June and is part of A Swedish Classic.
Main Route: about 420 km around Lake Vättern, Askersund-Motala-Vadstena-Ödeshög-Gränna-Jönköping-Habo-Hjo-Forsvik
See and experience
- local_seeThe old wooden town Hjo
- local_seeEllen Keyts Strand
- local_seeDisappearance use
- local_seeGränna and Visingsö
- local_seeThe capital of the Göta Canal Motala
- local_seeHabo Church
- local_seeJönköping city park
- local_seeKarlsborg Fortress
- local_seeThe monastery of Vadstena
- local_seeNaturum Tåkern
- local_seeThe wooden town of Askersund
- local_seeVerner von Heidenstam's upper body