- doneOne night stay (part of double room)
- doneBed linen, towels and cleaning
- done1 x breakfast
- doneAbility to borrow tools for easier repairs
- doneLaundry and drying facilities for clothes
- doneSafe bicycle storage
Nearby bike trails
Bike holiday on Öland! Here it is never far between the farm shops, the beaches, the artists' studios or the beautiful views. Cycle and enjoy the dining experiences, the breezes from the sea and the rare tranquility that the nature of Öland offers throughout the year.
Edith & Julia B&B is located near the sea and here you can choose from several fine beaches with lovely shallow water. Here you will also find an inviting garden with swings for the smallest and a sunny terrace that invites warm evenings to barbecues and games.
Choose from four different accommodations
Choose from the three main building's individually furnished double rooms (with own toilet and refrigerator). Courtyard single double room (with own toilet / shower as well as kitchenette and fridge). The three-piece farmhouse newly renovated quadruple room with its own loft (as well as toilet, mini kitchen and refrigerator) and the free-standing fridge with room for four people. The shower and toilet are shared with Gårdslängan.
The estimated breakfast buffet is served during high season in the old school room and during the rest of the year in the common kitchen. The breakfast includes coffee, tea, juice, eggs, bread, various toppings such as cheese, ham, vegetables and fruit, file and cereals.
Contemporary art & body cookies
Edith & Julia's café is a charming café where everything is served from island body cakes, toast to the much appreciated freshly baked waffles. There is also an art gallery with photographs by Öland Photo Club and Christoffer Rathien. Not far from Edith & Julia is Ekerum Art Hall where you can view Swedish and international contemporary art as well as sculptural glass. This includes artists such as Ronnie Wood from the rock band Rolling Stones, Ernst Billgren and Kjell Engman (open April-September). Only a few kilometers away is also VIDA Museum & Konsthall, which is a 2000 square meter large art arena and a view of Kalmar Sound. Here you can, among other things, view a memorial exhibition about the artist Ulf Trotzig (open May-September).
Beaches and pristine landscape
Öland is a landscape that flows with artistic passion and inspiration and it in many ways characterizes the experience on the island. The light is shimmering, the views beautiful and the calm intact - from Långe Jan in the south and Långe Erik in the north. Here you can cycle on both the Ölandsleden and Sweden trails and discover the unspoilt nature of the Alvaret, small town charm in Borgholm and cool bathing along the endless sandy beaches. Beautiful beaches at just a long bike distance are Stora Rör, Saxnäs and Möllstorp (south) as well as Bläsinge and Runsten (on the east side).
Tips on gold grains along the way
- The mill in Grönhagen, a restaurant located inside a real mill. The area around the mill is scenic and the food is good.
- Café & caramel cookery in Bredsätra on the east side of the island. It offers both guided tours, delicious candies and German cheesecake.
- Bläsinge harbor vegetable stand. On most of the small roads on the island you can stop and buy fresh fruits and vegetables. In Bläsinge harbor you can pick up whatever you want and put your money in a safe.
- Ismanstorpsborg, an ancient castle with preserved ring wall and 88 houses.
Contact details for booking
- Nearest railway station: Kalmar
- The Länsbuss bus takes you from Kalmar to Rälla, 50 meters from Edith & Julia B&B.
- Silverlinjen.se also takes you smoothly and cheaply by bus - from Stockholm directly to Rälla.