Contact details for booking
- doneAn overnight stay (part of the apartment suite)
- doneAccess to barbecue and patios in the old garden
- doneFree Wifi
- doneFree parking
Special service for cyclists
- doneAccess to tools for simple repairs
- doneLaundry and drying facilities for clothes
- doneSecure bicycle storage
In the middle of the bicycle town of Västerås lies Hem till Gården dating back to the 16th century. Three classic farms where the buildings are red and the knots are white. Today, Hem till Gården is a boutique hotel and conference in traditional Swedish style with many antique details and well-preserved decor. As a guest, you really get to experience the feeling of old-fashioned prosperous farm. An adorable bike-friendly accommodation when exploring the leafy summer town of Västerås and its environs on the bike saddle.
Home to the farm is located near the sports facility Rocklunda, where you can bike mountain biking on marked trails in the Rocklund Forest. There are both easier tracks and more technically demanding laps for experienced cyclists.
There are three farms - Norrgården, Mellangården and Sörgården - with nine homely and personally furnished apartments. All are located in cultural history buildings that are between 100-300 years old. The houses retain their cozy and classic Swedish style and breathe peasant romance. It is an accommodation for those who are looking for something extra. Don't miss your own Bistro Little Stallet, with fantastic pizzas baked in a stone oven.
Each apartment suite has a private shower, toilet and a smaller kitchen. All household utensils you may need for a self-catering are on site. Free WiFi, laundry facilities and free parking are also available. Bikes are available to rent if you want to take a tour of the city.
See and experience
- local_seeAnundshög, Sweden's largest burial mound
- local_seeBjörnön - MTB cycling, high altitude track and kayak rentals
- local_seeKarlsgatan 2, a house two museums
- local_seeThe boiling point - Action bath
- local_seeThe riders church ruin
- local_seeSkultuna Brass Use
- local_seeStroll around the Vallby Outdoor Museum
- local_seeStrömsholm Castle
- local_seeTidö Castle
- local_seeTrångfors forge
- local_seeVästerås Cathedral - "worth a trip"
- local_seeWester Qvarn
- local_seeÅsby Home & Garden